Bay Area: My Survivor Hen Needs to be Re-homed or fostered right away...can someone help.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Jajika, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Jajika

Jajika Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2007
    Northern California

I REALLY, REALLY need to find a place for my sweet, 5 year old, Chloe, a Red Star, to live for about two months or just someone to take her in. I know she is not young, but deserves to live out her life.

She is the sole survivor of a vicious raccoon attack...I wrote about it previously. I had not had an attack in 12 years. Thought everything was safe.

Alas, Chloe is all alone and we are leaving on an extended trip. I can't get new chickens until I reinforce our chicken yard as apparently now due to multiple issues, including the drought, raccoons are getting bolder. I will do this when we return the end of September. I love having chickens and this experience has been devasting. However, I MUST re-secure my space first.

She is all alone, which isn't good. She is not young, but I just had her "vet checked" for health. Basically I think she is depressed. She lost all her friends. I do not want to put her down because she is "inconvenient." That would kill me, but I can't keep her right now...and I can't get new chickens when we are going away for a month.

I will bring her anywhere in the larger San Francisco Bay area. I live in Palo Alto

Here is my personal E-mail for convenience:

[email protected]

Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by