Bayhorsebonne(Donna) says thanks...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cthrash1, Jul 14, 2008.

1. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    She is the one that has Marans on Ebay...I told her that she had several compliments from folks in one of the blogs on here. Made her feel good and she wanted to thank you guys for the kind words. I have been keeping in contact with her keeping her updated on my first batch of eggs from her that was a bust(my fault & PO's fault). She was kind enough to offer a replacement batch but since it was my own fault I just bid on her next batch and am starting over as soon as they get here.

2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    She is a really good lady with really nice chickens. I will be rooting for your next hatch. Are you incubating or using a broody? I used a broody and got five of six to hatch. They were actually too big to fit all six under a silkie. There seemed to always be one or more hanging out and chilled in the cool, damp March mornings but I would just tuck the coldest ones deepest under the hen and cross my fingers. When all was said and done, I was thrilled to get five. Do update us when they hatch, and thanks for giving bayhorsebonne props. She deserves recognition for the good birds she produces.

3. amyquilt

amyquilt Serama Mama

May 17, 2008
    Amarillo, TX
    Dang...she needs to join us here!

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I read it and thought it said "complaints". I was thinking " Why would that make her happy?". Lol. I went back and reread it. You should tell her about BYC.

5. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

She really is nice and great to do business with. I have a couple dozen of her eggs in my bator right now. I have some black copper and wheaton marans.
    My hatch date is next week.[​IMG]

6. adeledamate

adeledamate Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, Donna's getting famous! I think my hens from her might be laying soon. Their combs are getting bigger and red all of the sudden. Donna not only has the best Marans around she also is the nicest seller to deal with. Good luck to all of you who are hatching right now. Please post pics.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  7. peapatch

peapatch Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    I went to California yesterday and picked up my 6 copper black marans chicks, she (bayhorsebonne) hatched for me. She is a very nice lady and it was her birthday that day.

8. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Happy Birthday!

9. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I keep getting outbid one her black copper marans:(

10. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    just put her on your watch list and keep bidding your maximum bid. One of these days one will slip by under the radar.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by