bayhorsebonne has Blk/cop marans eggs on Ebay!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cthrash1, Jul 12, 2008.

1. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    Starting at 24.95 for 5 more days. Saw it when I decided to try again with her wheaten marans eggs after my other batch crashed on me. This time I am going by the bator instructions on temp and her recommendation on humidity. Not going to let the last batch get the best of me...I WILL have Wheaten Marans!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Ms. Lewis Rich

Ms. Lewis Rich Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    The Wheatons are the the best looking . I tried twice this year to get Wheaton to hatch, other chicks from different sources hatched all around them I ended up with one deformed chick, bought eggs twice but they did come from same breeder? Who are your eggs from?

3. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    From bayhorsebonne on Ebay...She has some really pretty ones and the eggs are huge.

4. turbo

turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2007
    Eastview, Ky
    I had really good luck with Ron Presley's Wheaton Marans eggs this spring, I hatched out 10 from 12 eggs and I am very happy with the way they look, not that happy that I have 5 wheaton marans roos.....to go along with the hens.

5. Ms. Lewis Rich

Dec 18, 2007
    My Coppers should start laying anytime. I see we are all from Ky, Will have eggs to share as time goes on. My eggs came from David Prather from central Ky. He sent me 7 eggs they all hatched, came up in below zero weather!!!

6. cthrash1

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I was wondering about his marans....Saw them on eggbid or Ebay can't remember. Are they pretty big? How is their temperament.

7. Ms. Lewis Rich

Dec 18, 2007
    They are about the same size as the Wheatons if I not mistaken. I love them cant get the 2 Roosters off my lap. BuTTTT there is one of the hens sneakes up on me and gives me a pinch and twist,the hens look so much alike can always tell its her!!!

8. chicken quartet

chicken quartet Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2008
    Corona, CA
    I have a Wheaton Marans chick I got from Bayhorsebonne! She is beautiful... and huge! I didn't hatch them. I'm lucky... Bayhorsebonne lives about 8 miles from me, so I just picked up a chick!

Here's a pic of Mary my Wheaton Marans:

[​IMG]

9. turbo

turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2007
    Eastview, Ky
    Hey noticed you have BLRW in standard and bantam! Love my BLRW!! I have really worked hard on my flock and have two different lines going, was wondering were you got yours from? I am in Elizabethtown and would be more than willing to trade some marans eggs if any of you are interested I should have some this fall. I will try and post a picture of some of my wheatons...here is a pic of my BLRW

[​IMG]

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Just a little plug for Jerry's eggs....I'm in Kansas and he's in Kentucky....he sent 13 eggs. One was clear, one quit and the other 11 went into the hatcher and all 11 hatched!!! I got some very nice chicks (they're 2 weeks old now) and I'm anxious for them to grow up so I can add them to my BLRW flock. I might even have to get some more from him this fall!! ....so save a few for me!! [​IMG]

I'm glad to hear that some of the rest of you think your wheatens are large. I hatched my first ones this spring and they are getting so big...way bigger than my cuckoos have ever been.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by