baytril/ sick chicken

amenfarm

Songster
10 Years
May 10, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
I have a RIR that I was helped with here about 6 months ago when she had clean bubbles in her eyes and a sneezey cough. after a round of oxytetracycline she was fine. about 6 weeks ago it started up again, she's 13 months old, in a isolation cage, eating drinking-vitamin/electrolyte water, lost some weight, no eggs, few streaks of white in her vent feathers, one eye swollen shut, wattles, eye lids. and comb extremely pale. she been treated with oxytetracycline 7 days,then wormed for 3 days with safe guard, then treated 5 days for cocci, treated for 9 days again with oxy., she's sleeping a lot. I called the state vet, explained everything and she says I will need to see the vet for baytril for a bacterial infection the oxytetracycline wasn't strong enough. I told her my vet didn't treat birds and there are No bird vet s and if there were my husband would croak if I spent 100.00+ on my chicken-she said he could look up the amount of small animal baytril to give twice a day,orally for 10 days to her. Does anyone know that amount so I can tell my vet? he's about to retire in a year and does not charge for a office visit and has no assistant , so I don't want to take up his time with him looking up the dosage. would tylan 250 work?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom