1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BB-5-6month old female mallard

Discussion in 'Other Poultry - Birds & Hatching Eggs' started by liljoshappybirds, Feb 16, 2012.

1. liljoshappybirds

liljoshappybirds Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2011
    [​IMG] I am looking for a good home for our female mallard. Her name is BB and her mate was killed by a coyote. Since then she has not left the yard and I have no money for a new mate for her. She likes our pond and virtually cares for herself but she needs a good home with other ducks and the possibility of a new mate. I do not want to get rid of her but I can not stand to hear her cry for Socko anymore. She will house herself at night and gets along well with our chickens.
    She would do well with a place that has an open pond or some body of water for her to swim. Please, if you have any questions, send me a message here. I am located in Centerville, MO.

2. chickenjack1

chickenjack1 New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    i would love to have her but im in MI
    [​IMG]

3. ElizabethinNY

ElizabethinNY Out Of The Brooder

Mar 5, 2009
    Central NY
    Too bad you weren't closer to NY. :( I have too many boys and not enough girls.

4. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

I wish we were closer :( My male call just lost his mate this morning..

5. DuckLover3

DuckLover3 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2012
    Marlborough, CT
    I have a friend in Springfield, MO who's getting ducks, but do you think the 3 hour car ride would be too long? And I don't know if they could keep her anyways, as they're getting ducklings.....I'll ask, though, as long as you know of some way we could get her there.

6. bufforpingtons

bufforpingtons Out Of The Brooder

Jan 17, 2012
    i'd take her if i lived close enough

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by