1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BB Red Old English Game Bantam Roo for FREE - Central IN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by HidingInTheHenHouse, Jul 30, 2008.

1. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    He is 15-16 weeks old. I live in the middle of Indianapolis, and he crows too much for having such close neighbors. He is not agressive toward adults or children. He only has standard size hens around, and is just too small to mate with them.

[​IMG]

Please let me know if you are interested. I would be willing to meet someone halfway from anywhere in Indiana or comparable distance in Illinois or Ohio.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2008
  2. redkan

redkan Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Central Maine
    and is just too small to mate with them.

Hmmm.... our bantam roo has never had any problems with with that... Perhaps he just doesn't find them attractive??[​IMG]

3. HidingInTheHenHouse

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    He certainly seems to what to mate, but he is so much smaller that all he can get a hold of is a feather on the wings, tail, or head, and the hens always get away again. He even does this to the Cornish Xs that are 6 weeks old but much larger than he is.

4. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

I know your posting has been up for awhile, but do you still have roo?
    Jean
    502-845-2034

5. HidingInTheHenHouse

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yes, I still have him.

6. PeeperKeeper

How far south on I-65 would you be willing to drive? My phone is 502-845-2034

7. HidingInTheHenHouse

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How about Seymour?

8. PeeperKeeper

HI! Seymour is GREAT! When is a good time for you? I am very flexible, well between harvesting and canning, time and day.
    These are some of my girls that come up to visit often. And this is Ginger and Skipper who spend almost every minute of the day watching over them.
    [​IMG]
    Please feel free to call me or send Ph number.
    I'm so EGGcited!
    Jean
    [​IMG]

9. HidingInTheHenHouse

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    How about this evening?

I could meet you there at about 8 pm. I don't have my husband's cell phone here, so I can't call you since I don't have long distance on my land line.

Sarah

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by