bb red rooster with silver duckwing hen???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tmpshrty96, Aug 5, 2009.

1. tmpshrty96

tmpshrty96 Songster

Jul 24, 2009
    sorry if i posted this kinda post in the wrong section but...i have 3 eggs in the incubator i put them in there because the hen that laid them died of unknown causes. so there suppose to hatch tomorow and i was wondering what they would look like. for example if i got a rooster would he be a silver duckwing bantam, or a bb red oeg bantam or mixed? same thing with the hens?

ps:if any1 has pics it would be greatly appreciated

2. DTchickens

DTchickens Crowing

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Silver duckwing to BBred should produce Golden duckwings.. maybe not perfect coloring, but yes.. Then when you breed the golden duckwings to golden duckwings they should be- 50% golden duckwing, 25% silver duckwing, 25%BBred.. Breeding a golden duckwing to a silver duckwing should produce 50% golden and 50% silver.. It's like blues really unless they breed true, which they can and will in some cases (even blues)...

But breeding the silver duckwings and goldens would be horrible if you're into showing "i think" the silvers would have the gold gene "like most do anyway" and probably have bad coloring, and the goldens MAY be too light.. I haven't experimented with the golden duckwings, or at least not in any other breed than the American games. And American gamefowl breed true most of the time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: