BBB Tom? Or Hen?

kcaywood

Songster
9 Years
Sep 3, 2010
Rancho Cordova, CA
Is our three-month old BBB cutie male or female? He likes to strut off and on. I'm leaning toward male, but will defer to the experienced folks ... Thanks much!
smile.png

67007_025.jpg

Yup... Hen.

Turkeys strut as poults regardless of gender... I had a 10 week old hen strut last year... I swore she was a tom but just a late bloomer (because she looked EXACTLY like your photo, i have BBB's as well) but she was a hen... just a butch one.. lol

WOW, my 3 bronze turks look JUST like the photo!! I was thinking they were all 3 toms, but maybe not. When do you think I will be able to tell for sure the sexes apart?

I am so glad you posted this......I've got two poults that are nearly 6 weeks old, and I cannot tell yet. I got so excited because the Royal Palm was strutting and displaying his tail feathers..........Then I found out the poults all display.....DRAT! Oh well, it'll be fun to watch them grow.

Sharon,

Good luck! If you remember, let us know what the babies turn out to be! I'm happy with my hen. Looking forward to some big, speckled eggs in Spring 2012, hopefully!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom