bbb turkeys

BirchHatchery

Songster
10 Years
Nov 2, 2009
indiana
i have 4-5 week old broad bronze breasted turkeys they have totatly out grown their brooder their purdy much fully feathered do they need a lamp i want to move them out to their their wich is enclosed no drafts i bed em all down with straw i could put a barrel in their for them to go in but i dought they would do you think they be warm enuff temps are around 60 during day 38 at night

If it was warmer out they would be ok but at 38 degrees I would give them 100w bulb just to be safe. Turkeys just tend to be more sensitive than chickens to cold temperatures.

Last edited:
well lol they been out in the weather since monday and done alright all week tommaroe and sunday high of 56 and lows in the around 32 will see how they do cant imagine be much diffrent then when got down to 35 the other night

That is good they are doing good. I hope they continue to do so. I bet they will because they have been doing so. Sometimes it is good thing to be safe than sorry. But I am glad they are doing fine!

calling for a hard freeze tonight so i put them in the brooder with a lamp hung high least no wont lose em to the cold then hard wind outta the north to

Back
Top Bottom