BBQ Pork Roast in the Crock Pot....

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 28, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I bought a HUGE pork roast last night & I'm putting in the crock pot this morning--my hubby is out of town but my parents, one of my sisters and her boyfriend are on their way from Portland! [​IMG] so I am making a roast in the crock pot and roasted red potatoes & green beans...

I have a few recipes for pork roast--but I'm kind of bored with them...

Anyone have any that are easy, super-good and don't require weird/exotic ingredients? I am not going to town until this afternoon--when my mom & I have facials at the spa! [​IMG]

Updated, see page two...I went with a BBQ one...

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oooh, I want to see this, too. I got a pork roast that I could easily put in the crock pot, Ill be waiting with you.

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I put sauerkraut and little potatoes in with mine! Yum![​IMG]

4. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    I take my roast and cut X's in it all over (the side i leave up), then take garlic cloves and slice them in med. pieces and stuff the roast with garlic, gives it really good flavor. I also put a bay leaf on the top for some additional flavor to the juice while cooking. Just my thoughts. [​IMG]

5. Rare Feathers Farm

I usually make it one of two ways--dump a few bottles of BBQ sauce in & call it good. Serve it with mashed potatoes & corn. It's really good the next day with melted cheese on sub rolls...

Or, I use cream of mushroom soup (no water though), a splash of Worcestershire sauce, a 1/2 a packet of Lipton's onion soup mix and a little soy sauce. I serve that with mashed potatoes & corn...it's GOOD...

But I only have one can (family size but still not enough) and this roast is a big one...

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I dump a quart of homemade spaghetti sauce over mine. Tastes sooooo good! I also add extra garlic then, too [​IMG]

After the roast is gone I strain the juices, grinding as much through the strainer as I can. After it cools in the fridge I remove the layer of fat. There wil be a layer of juice next; makes awesome rice dishes or stock for soups. The rest makes the BEST homemade tomato soup you've ever had in your life! Just add a little milk. It's really rich and filling due to the pork juices.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  7. Rare Feathers Farm

That sounds pretty good....

8. Rare Feathers Farm

Okay...after scouring the cupboards I've decided to just go with the old BBQ method...although I'm going to change it up a little bit...

9. Rare Feathers Farm

Plus, I'm hoping we can have leftover BBQ pork sandwiches! [​IMG]

I'm making white chicken chili on Sunday in the crock pot...

10. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:Thats what I do too. Now I need to buy a roast when I am in town [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by