BBQ Pork Roast in the Crock Pot....

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 28, 2010.

1. I bought a HUGE pork roast last night & I'm putting in the crock pot this morning--my hubby is out of town but my parents, one of my sisters and her boyfriend are on their way from Portland! [​IMG] so I am making a roast in the crock pot and roasted red potatoes & green beans...

I have a few recipes for pork roast--but I'm kind of bored with them...

Anyone have any that are easy, super-good and don't require weird/exotic ingredients? I am not going to town until this afternoon--when my mom & I have facials at the spa! [​IMG]

Updated, see page two...I went with a BBQ one...

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Oooh, I want to see this, too. I got a pork roast that I could easily put in the crock pot, Ill be waiting with you.

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    I put sauerkraut and little potatoes in with mine! Yum![​IMG]

4. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    I take my roast and cut X's in it all over (the side i leave up), then take garlic cloves and slice them in med. pieces and stuff the roast with garlic, gives it really good flavor. I also put a bay leaf on the top for some additional flavor to the juice while cooking. Just my thoughts. [​IMG]

5. I usually make it one of two ways--dump a few bottles of BBQ sauce in & call it good. Serve it with mashed potatoes & corn. It's really good the next day with melted cheese on sub rolls...

Or, I use cream of mushroom soup (no water though), a splash of Worcestershire sauce, a 1/2 a packet of Lipton's onion soup mix and a little soy sauce. I serve that with mashed potatoes & corn...it's GOOD...

But I only have one can (family size but still not enough) and this roast is a big one...

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I dump a quart of homemade spaghetti sauce over mine. Tastes sooooo good! I also add extra garlic then, too [​IMG]

After the roast is gone I strain the juices, grinding as much through the strainer as I can. After it cools in the fridge I remove the layer of fat. There wil be a layer of juice next; makes awesome rice dishes or stock for soups. The rest makes the BEST homemade tomato soup you've ever had in your life! Just add a little milk. It's really rich and filling due to the pork juices.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  7. That sounds pretty good....

8. Okay...after scouring the cupboards I've decided to just go with the old BBQ method...although I'm going to change it up a little bit...

9. Plus, I'm hoping we can have leftover BBQ pork sandwiches! [​IMG]

I'm making white chicken chili on Sunday in the crock pot...

10. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:Thats what I do too. Now I need to buy a roast when I am in town [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by