BBQ, Smoke or grill?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by turney31, Dec 27, 2010.

1. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I just spent the morning trying to do what turned out to be all 3. I guess I have forgotton cook times. Temperatures and the such.... We have a very large pit/smoker on a trailer. We did Chicken halves, pork ribs and sausage links. I would like to do a brisqit Sp [​IMG] How do you spell that.

Any hints, words of wisdom?

It all turned out well but it was a chore trying to get it right. We use Oak wood. Charcol on small pit for weiners and burgers.

Thanks,

Micah

2. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    i cook beef brisket all the time. we raise cattle. the best way i know to cook it is to put it in the crock pot for about 8 to 10 hours. awesome flavor. but with at brisket you need moist heat or it will get very dry. I have had it before where it was cooked on a grill -- was really good, i just do not usually have time or patience to cook it that way -- maybe one day. In the crock pot with onions, garlic salt, and pepper. that's all i use. then make a gravy for some mashed potatoes and you have a feast. Oh, and Brisket may look really big when it is raw -- but by the time it is done, it is about 1/2 the size.

3. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Thanks for responding. I like the B-word cooked in the oven. Haven't tried the slow cooker, but I will thanks. I still like it best on the pit. I didn't know it was possible to forget how to bbq but I am proof you can. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by