BBS/Barred Rocks and Welsummer BBS/Barred Rock Mix~from halo! Pics

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Quail_Antwerp, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    These are the chicks I had hatch this weekend from eggs I had got from halo!

I am loving the Wellie mixed chicks! I think they are darling!!

Now, two of these chicks are BBS/Barred Rocks, but they all look a like, and I am not sure which two are the Rocks. Guess I'll figure out as they grow!

This one I know is a Wellie Mix. She was the last to hatch, and is very weak. I must be doing something wrong during incubation, because she is the 3rd chick I have hatched this year with some leg issues. The other two chicks came from eggs from my mother.
    [​IMG]

This chick I know is one of the BBS/Barred Rocks because none of the Welsummer Crosses hatched out black. Of the two Rocks I had hatch out, one was blue, one was black. ALL of the Wellie mixed chicks are blue/grey!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think this one is the other Rock, but I am not really sure. I wish I had paid more attention as they were drying off after hatching!!
    [​IMG]

I had a total of 8 chicks hatch from 9 eggs that made it to day 18. Six Wellie mixes out of 6 Wellie eggs and 2 out of 3 BBS Rocks. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  2. Jen4

Jen4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Munfordville, KY
    You new babies are so cute.

3. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Those are some cutie pies! I like the blue looking ones. Blues are always my favorite. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by