BBS Cochin chicks - how many of each color?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mom2jedi, Aug 25, 2010.

1. mom2jedi

mom2jedi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Looks like I have one black, two blues, and two splashes to me. Is that right? (Ignore the buff orps that just had to be in the picture!)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I agree with you.

3. mom2jedi

mom2jedi Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks! Thought I was getting good at this but figured I'd better ask for a second opinion for a breed I haven't had before.

4. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Cute little chicks you have! The "blue" ones look exactly like the chick I recieved in March that ended up being a White Cochin! I haven't figured out how to load pictures yet (new laptop)...but will find a way to share if needed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  5. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    This picture is of our White Cochin (LF) back in March. At the time, we thought the hatchery made a mistake and sent us a blue! She has since feathered out all white and we lovingly call her "Happy Feet" because it looks like she tap dances when she moves around! Thought I'd share.

[​IMG]

6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Cochins can surprise you! I had one I was sure was a splash- and she ended up such a dark blue- she's almost black-laced-blue. Cute babies! [​IMG]

7. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    One black and 2 and 2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by