BBS Jersey Giants Need hatching buddies 9/28 day 10!!(pics)

mahalo4

Songster
10 Years
Jun 16, 2009
Gilbert,AZ
Well I just candled my JG BBS eggs from Wynette out of a dozen shipped BBS JG eggs 10 for sure growing and 2 EE growing and 1DZ of my mutts growing Really hoping for some Blue JG'sI have 10 beautiful Black JG's from Pamspride can't wait to start my Awesome flock of BBS JG's
wee.gif

Last edited:
Well, I'm on day 15, but I'll join your party! I'm expecting bantam chicks on Sunday--only 6, and I don't know the breed because they are from the neighbor's banties, and they got them from *their* neighbors, and those neighbors speak only Vietnamese so.... we have no idea what they are, except little and cute!
gig.gif

Your hatch sounds like fun. Glad you've got some probable winners in there. These eggs, obviously, were not shipped, and so far all are developing nicely. Who knows, maybe I'll get a 100% hatch, but I'll be happy with four or five chicks out of them. They are for my friend's daughter, and the chickens will be hers once my friend moves into our neighborhood (where they will have an acre to mess around with, like ours)--which is happening next month.

Oh, that's great news on your Jerseys! Glad to hear it. I'm subscribing to your thread so I can watch how it goes! What are your mutt eggs? BEST of luck & good hatching vibes coming your way!
thumbsup.gif

Thank You'all for joining! my mutt eggs/I have 2 black Rock hens/2 RIR hens/Barred rock hen/Buff cochin hen from the feed store and a Golden laced cochin Roo/& a Blue cochin Roo I hatched 1 mutt egg a few months ago He is a Black rock/Golden laced cochin mix he is black w/feathered feet really good lookin Roo I will post a pic later when I get back from work!
yippiechickie.gif

Here are some pics of my mutt /dad is Golden laced cochin mom is a Black rock his baby pic we named him Rudy because he was so small he is on the right and him today!

34489_5-22-09_032.jpg

34489_5-22-09_075.jpg

34489_5-22-09_076.jpg

(Your hatch sounds like fun. Glad you've got some probable winners in there. These eggs, obviously, were not shipped, and so far all are developing nicely. Who knows, maybe I'll get a 100% hatch, but I'll be happy with four or five chicks out of them. They are for my friend's daughter, and the chickens will be hers once my friend moves into our neighborhood (where they will have an acre to mess around with, like ours)--which is happening next month.)
Thanks They are always fun!!! Don't you get nervous hatching for someone else? I freak out hatching my own I would not be able to sleep for 21 days hatching a friends eggs!!
frow.gif
We have an acre and a 1/4 but the chickens get our back yard about a 1/4 acre,

Just candled for the last time I had 1 egg with the air cell developing on the side/ran a post no help well when i candled today it has moved up almost to the top,so i feel a little better. When lock down comes I will have the same 10 BBS JG's still kicking 2 EE's still growing and only 10 Mutts 2 throw aways.temp has been stable,same w/humidity. used to candle before lock down but all i can usually see is the air cell development so i will just candle the 1 with air cell on side.

Nice pics, Mahalo! I think you'll have some beautiful babies.
smile.png
I hope your side-air-cell baby does okay. I had one that I incubated upside down in my first-ever hatch, and he did end up needing help, but he came out all right anyway.

And yes, it is very nerve-wracking hatching for someone else, especially this sweet little girl that is already so attached even though all she has is an egg! I'm way more nervous about this hatch than I was about my first two.

I did candle right before lockdown--I like to pencil in the air cells so I monitor where they pip in relation to the air cell. It looks like I have one quitter. But the others are doing great, so here's hoping for a good hatch!

Mine are due Sunday, so I'll keep you updated!

Iamcuriositycat You where following my thread 6 more days to hatch for me!cant wait to see your chicks!!! congrats on pips!!
pop.gif
wee.gif

Aha!! Thanks for bumping, Mahalo--I knew this thread was around somewhere! And thanks for the congrats. I'm so totally excited. These guys are going to be SO tiny compared to the ducks I've hatched before, and I can't wait to see what colors we get. The mother is brown, and of the potential fathers, one is white and one is colorful like a Welsummer. I just hope C (my friend's daughter) ends up with at least one hen so she can have eggs!

Back
Top Bottom