~ BBS Silkie eggs - 6 + ~

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I was asked if I could offer an auction for 1/2 dozen eggs. Here is an auction for 6 plus a couple extras from my BBS silkie pen. The weather has warmed up and the girls have started back up laying. Since it was warmed up the girls are laying 2-3 per day, occasionally more, so I should be able to have this shipment ready to mail out by Wednesday or Thursday. I'll run this auction until Wednesday evening. Paypal only, please.

I was able to score some more styrofoam shippers and will be using them to send the eggs. This should eliminate any concern about frozen eggs if you are in an area where the weather is still a concern.

Thank you for your bids. We've waited a long time for this flock to grow up and begin laying. I've been quite selective with my purchases and will be adding on show quality birds to this flock over the next 6 months.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  2. Smokin Silkies

Smokin Silkies formerly browneyebuttafly

Mar 27, 2009
    Western, PA
    Your birds are beautiful! How do they stay so clean? My pretty whites look like dirty brown fluffballs most of the time...lol They do free range so [​IMG]

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    I have one splash hen that I call Miss Piggy because she is always dirty...especially her head!! They do free- range but in a smaller area than the whole yard. My "big girls" (large fowl laying hens) get the whole backyard. The white in the picture is usually not with the BBS...just while I was taking pictures. She's very prissy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by