BBS Standard Cochin eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by MandyH, Dec 4, 2008.

1. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

My girls in the BBS pen are laying up a storm and I don't NEED to set anymore eggs. I am selling them for $1.50 a piece plus shipping is $10.50 for up to 16 eggs. If anybody is interested in any please EMAIL me the amount you want and when you would want them shipped. I have Splash roosters and Blue roosters over a white, a black, a bunch of splash, and a bunch of blue hens. These are giant birds with GREAT feathering. Thanks

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=98047

2. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    You had to do this to me didn't you? lol. Just when I had convinced myself "no more hatching until spring!". I'm resisting, but it ain't easy. If I lose my willpower, I'll be in touch. Thanks for all the stress, Jim.

3. MandyH

Jim, these birds will cause you NOOOO stress! LOL!! They are THE sweetest birds alive. Don't you want 2 dozen?!?! The reason I am selling them is because I am trying to resist setting them myself. Of COURSE I HAVE to set some periodically to test fertility. HA, that's what I tell my husband. He knows you can crack them open and check , because I showed him how to do it. He doesn't care what I hatch, heck he's the one that bought me the big cabinet incubator and hatcher!! Oh and by the way, I also have standard Partridge cochins too!!!

4. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    do you sell standard partridge cochin hatching eggs?

[​IMG]

5. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Must. Resist. Temptation!

How big are the eggs they lay?

6. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Quote:LOL JIM!! I know exactly what ya mean. I have some... but Im about to jump OFF the wagon. Im gracefully backing out of the conversations about these birds. I'll still offer eggs (for a very reasonable price). but Im not going to help feed the frenzy about them :) No, I dont do a waiting list. when I have them I'll offer them.

and ummm Kristen? do you have a couple hens you could ship to me??

Last edited: Dec 5, 2008
  7. MandyH

I have Partridge eggs to sell too, but at the moment these girls have decided to slack off on laying. If anybody wants some just email me. They lay big eggs too. I have pics in photobucket I will try to see if I can get one on here.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2008
  8. millebantam

millebantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Little Rhody
    LOL! Peachick. Yes, I've been watching the BCM "phenomenon" for months now, and I can't help but think about how there are a few people payin' 200 bucks a dozen for eggs that are gonna' take it in the shorts after the dust settles, and there is suddenly an abundance of these birds. (which will happen very soon) IMO.

I think that they are very interesting and beautiful birds with a great heritage, but I do wonder if the integrity of the breed will suffer due to the sudden "fad" popularity. Once significant money is involved with anything, ethics seem to go out the window. I can't see breeders culling faults from their flocks very hard because of the current value of the eggs and birds. I'm sure that there are many breeders still doing the right thing, but there is surely lots of room for the negatives.

Sorry for the hijack of the thread, but to get back on topic, Kristen.........I'm getting weaker, lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by