1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BBS - White - Cuckoo Bearded Silkie eggs - 1 dozen +

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Up for auction is a dozen + extras silkie eggs. In the B/B/S pen there is a gorgeous splash roo, a lovely coal black cockerel and a blue cockerel (crowing but not certain that he is breeding yet). There are 5 beautiful coal black pullets/hens and 4 splash pullets/hens. In the second pen is a nice black hen with a cuckoo roo. She generally lays 5 eggs per week. In the third pen is a lovely white pair. This hen also lays about 5 eggs per week. All my silkies are, at minimum, breeder quality and many are ones that I will be showing this fall. They are between 8 and 12 months old and the youngest girls have just started laying within the last month. I check at least one egg every 2-3 days and at this time ALL of them have a nice blastoderm showing great fertility.

The eggs will be collected from all three pens. I already have 5 that I collected today and I should get the remaining 7 + extras within the next three days. For those of you living in frigid areas that are concerned about frozen eggs, I have a few styrofoam lined shippers that I can send eggs in if you wish. Just let me know and I'll use one instead of a priority box. I can ship a medium flat rate box for $10.00 and the styrofoam shipper will be the same price. Shipping is priority and I will email you the tracking number as soon as I print the shipping label. I individually wrap each egg in bubble wrap and use packing peanuts. So far, I've never had a broken egg in any of my shipments.

Paypal only. Thanks so much for your bids. We have waited a long time for these birds to grow up and start breeding and laying. I've been very selective and will be adding only high quality birds to this flock over the next few months. Our silkies are true bantams. I've seen some silkies that are pretty large...what I would consider almost LF...but these are not. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions! [​IMG]

This is one of the pullets in the grow-out pen. She's a looker, isn't she. She is 4 months old...got a ways to go before she starts laying. I hope to show her when she matures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by