BCM egg color

Czugi

Songster
May 15, 2021
Hello! I’m rather new to the chicken world so my question may be a bit silly. 😅 My BCM has laid her first few eggs. You can see in the photo that the bloom on the second egg is super heavy (had to wipe off some poo), not so much bloom on the third but the third is super speckled. I know her system is still gearing up but how do I know what to expect as far as bloom/speckles based on her first two real eggs? 2774B285-3106-4799-8E54-E5866E52E881.jpeg

The first few eggs might not be much indication of what her regular eggs will look like. I'd guess that the color will come out about the same (maybe a ting bit darker) but with less speckling, as some of those dots look like calcium deposits, not pigment. The bloom should also even out soon.

Best wishes!

I agree, my blue copper maran's first eggs were lighter, darker, spotty- and one time purple. Now she has gotten it right.
$cz.PNG

her eggs look like the dark brown in the bottom lower right.

The first few eggs might not be much indication of what her regular eggs will look like. I'd guess that the color will come out about the same (maybe a ting bit darker) but with less speckling, as some of those dots look like calcium deposits, not pigment. The bloom should also even out soon.

Best wishes!
Thank you so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom