bcm????????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BlueBirdChick, Jan 4, 2011.

1. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Looks blue from the photo, so I'll ask -

Does it have feathered legs?

Are its legs black and pink/white?

Does it have a single comb?

If the answer is yes to all, then yes, it is a Black Copper Marans. [​IMG]

3. KCchickens

KCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    X2 illia

although even if it doesn't have feathered legs it could be a BCM but not the French BCMs were really trying to get accepted right now.
    Where did you get the little guy?

4. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Quote:I got them from a friend here in town she has some. But when i went to get them she told me that they were buff orpingtons. So I am wondering if she forgot whom she got them from does that make sense. I know when I collect my eggs I forget from whom i got them from.
    I need to start carrying a marker. Cause I want to set some more that come from my girls. Its got black legs but they are clean. Cant really tell about its comb cause it just hatched on the 1st. Let me post a better picture of it from a distance.
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]

5. KCchickens

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    Quote:I got them from a friend here in town she has some. But when i went to get them she told me that they were buff orpingtons. So I am wondering if she forgot whom she got them from does that make sense. I know when I collect my eggs I forget from whom i got them from.
    I need to start carrying a marker. Cause I want to set some more that come from my girls. Its got black legs but they are clean. Cant really tell about its comb cause it just hatched on the 1st. Let me post a better picture of it from a distance.
    [URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/65390_picture_193.jpg[/url]
    [URL]https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/65390_picture_192.jpg[/url]

well it's definitely not a buff orp! Lol so I'd go with BCM, even clean legged it's a marans just an English variety [​IMG]. I'm hoping it's a girl foe you so you can have some dark tasty eggs!

6. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

Definatly not a BO... but the idea of eggs or chicks between BO and BCM getting mixed up confuses me on its own. [​IMG] BCMs look alot like the chick in the pictures and BO are yellow. But the eggs differ dramaticly too. BCMs are known for their darkness the "true" brown egg and BO and other more common "brown" eggs are actually tined eggs not a "true" brown.
    And I've got to say with the effort and hoops I had to go through to get just my 4 BCMs I make sure to explain how COOL they are and why to everyone I share my eggs with lol.

7. KCchickens

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    Quote:Lol! That's right! I can't believe that color egg would skip my mind.... Did you hatch them out yourself? Or did she give them to you as chicks? Because the BCM are very dark. I feel like super slueth!

8. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    i hatched it [​IMG] the egg was dark [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by