Be glad this isn't your weather forecast

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Leslie In North Pole, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Leslie In North Pole

Leslie In North Pole Songster

Mar 7, 2007
    North Pole, AK
    Tonight: Cloudy intervals. Cold. Low -32F. Winds light and variable.
    Tomorrow: Bitterly cold. Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High -16F. Winds light and variable.
    Tomorrow night: Bitterly cold. A few clouds. Low -33F. Winds light and variable.
    Tuesday: Bitterly cold. Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High -14F. Winds light and variable.
    Wednesday: Partly cloudy. Highs -15 to -19F and lows -29 to -33F.
    Thursday: Partly cloudy. Highs -14 to -18F and lows -27 to -31F.

2. RedStickLA

RedStickLA Songster

Feb 27, 2007
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] I was wearing shorts today here in Louisiana! [​IMG]

Mitzi

3. jab91864

jab91864 Songster

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I'm here in Northern Michigan and think the winters suck, I can't even fathom those types of temps. The cold makes me hive out...it's a freaky allergy, if I lived there I would be miserable!!

How do you do it ??? What type of birds do you have ??

Sorry, just curious minds want to know...lol

Julie [​IMG]

4. Yogiman

Yogiman Songster

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    That's strange. I was in North Pole this past July and the weather was beautiful. lol Miserable hot and humid here today. A/C getting a workout. Heat on one day, A/C on the next. Thermostat is really confused.

I have a dear friend that owns a home in North Pole. As a matter of fact she is there now for a visit this month. She retired as a schoolteacher there.

Stay warm as you can.

5. Patchofheaven

Patchofheaven Songster

Jul 18, 2007
    Conroe, TX
    We are looking at 80/H and 61/L. We just got our electric bill for January we used the electric furnace pretty much the whole month - $420.00 - our home is all electric and we don't have a fireplace. (Our next home will have a fireplace, gas appliances and also be better insulated - more energy efficient than this one!)

Last night, we decided to try and save a little money, we left our windows open all night - my son just complained that he was hot. I just told him about your weather conditions he said he would rather be hot.

Leslie - How much are your electric/gas bills in Alaska?

Good luck

6. jjthink

jjthink Crowing

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Yikes - that is just TOO cold!!!!!!!!!! My feathered friends do not like it below +40 degrees and as it turns out, neither do I! Good luck in that very difficult weather.
    JJ

7. Chickadee28

Chickadee28 Songster

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    wow!, I will quit complaining about the 5 inches of snow we got last night!

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

[​IMG]

9. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Songster

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I hope you stay warm in that ridiculously cold weather. We had shorts on here in TEXAS yesterday and today it will be 85 honkin' degrees. [​IMG] BUT, a cold front is coming and we are going to get some much needed rain and 32 by Tuesday night. [​IMG]

10. TheOLDNewChick

TheOLDNewChick I'm an original

Jun 12, 2007
    Tioga, Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Oh my gosh. Bless your heart! I near bout freeze in +40F weather! I wouldn't survive the weather you're having!

Oh, and Texas: PUH-LEASE keep the rain with y'all. We don't need anymore of that. It's already gooky enough outside. Thank you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: