Be Honest, How Many of You Have...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by randomchick, Dec 29, 2009.

1. randomchick

randomchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Prescott, Ontario
    Be honest. How many of you have kept an egg/chick warm under your shirt/bra?

2. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

Yep!

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Aw,.... wish I had a chick right now so I could do that...

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Yup me!

5. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Well...not just chicks, but squirrels, rats, ferrets, other types of birds, puppies, kittens, and most recently...a baby goat! (Not necessarily in my bra, but in my shirt!) [​IMG]

Oh, and snakes, lizards...things like that!

Shelly

6. possumqueen

possumqueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Monroe, North Carolina
    Quote:Oh, Shelly, you are soooo my sister!!!!![​IMG]

I've carried kittens -- in my bra, on a transcontinental flight, both ways. I was bottle feeding them at the time. I'd never get away with it now!

And I rescue snakes, lizards, AND spiders from hysterical people. It's folks like us will save the world. You mark my words we will![​IMG]

7. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Quote:Oh, Shelly, you are soooo my sister!!!!![​IMG]

I've carried kittens -- in my bra, on a transcontinental flight, both ways. I was bottle feeding them at the time. I'd never get away with it now!

And I rescue snakes, lizards, AND spiders from hysterical people. It's folks like us will save the world. You mark my words we will![​IMG]

Ahhh! When I saw your name, I remembered that I had forgotten about the possums!! [​IMG] And rabbits, and just about everything else!

Absolutely! I rescue spiders. Drives my oldest DD crazy. She's terrified...don't know where she gets it from. I have a few I let stay by the sink in the summer for fruit flies and gnats that come out of the lines. She screams every time she sees them. The bigger ones I turn loose outside.

My family knows not to kill spiders or any other animal for no reason. Unless you are in mortal danger or are going to eat it, leave it alone or move it to a safe place!

Sorry! Didn't mean to hijack the thread...just love finding like-minded people! [​IMG] DH and my friends think I'm crazy!

Shelly

8. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    Quote:Isn't this why they make those halter tops with the band on the inside? It's perfect for chicks, squirrels, kittens... any itty-bitty that needs warmth and company! Plus, it keeps your hands free. I put a napkin in to make a pocket poop-catcher... cause... babies can't hold it and I don't want that in my shirt. LOL But 1 bra to lift and seperate, 1 halter top with the band, and it's an instant baby pocket that holds heat better than the pocket of a hoodie or jacket.

(just be prepared when you go grocery shopping for weird looks.... "What's that peeping sound?"... seems to be coming from her chest...) [​IMG][​IMG]

When I was working and had a squirrel to raise, I kept it in a bucket with a hot water bottle under the register desk. It would have been a hassle to explain to each customer why a squirrel kept coming out of my shirt. Luckily management allowed me to do that... it was the thanks I got for catching the bats who snuck in when the warehouse door was open at night. Plus it was a tool store in the back woods of TN... it was normal to see horses in trailers at the Hooters parking lot next door, or people shopping with their dogs.

9. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I kept day old kittens in my bra all night long, propped up on pillows so I couldn't move if I dozed off. Bottle feeding every 2 hours. I ran a feline rescue program and sometimes we just went with "whatever works" [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  10. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Ahh that reminds me of my little "special needs" chick. he got picked on by the other chicks in the bator andd i put a devider in there but the other chicks would jump over it so i had to keep him in a the bator for a while until he got a bit better. well i hated him having to stay in that little dark bator all day so i would get him out a lot and play with him and to insure his warmth under my shirt or wrapped in a towl he would go! he had a crooked neck and i had to self feed and ater him. Then, a few days after his neck started getting straiter he came down with a deseas and sadly died. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by