Be honest, how often do you...

tryingtohaveitall

Songster
10 Years
Mar 17, 2009
SW Ohio
check for eggs? I confess, I am addicted. Days that I'm home I probably go out 4-5 times. Occasionally I'll let the kids check, lol! It's just so fun finding eggs! I can't help myself.
lol.png

3 times. Once in the morning before I leave for work, once when I come home for lunch and again when I get home in the evening.

I go home for lunch to feed my chickens and other animals. Then I drive through somewhere before getting back to the office.
lol.png

Heck, whenever mine actually start laying, I will probably be out there "snooping" every 5 - 10 minutes. . . .I sure will want to know who is laying, what color eggs they each lay ( RIR; BPR; EE & Americauna). Am hoping that with four distinct "varieties" I will be able to tell which is whose by the color. . . but that could be wishful thinking.

two to three times since we have new layers and three yet to start. So far the ones who have started are pretty good with the nesting boxes with only three full?complete eggs and one sans the shell, out of the boxes. Once all the girls are laying the checking will probably settle on twice a day.

LOL!! I had one girl in the box for two hours the other day. I was bugging her every 10 mins to see if she was done. I wanted to verify which color she was laying
big_smile.png
They've only been at it for 3 weeks now. But I did FINALLY find out she was my pinkish tan layer, my black EE girl.

When I am home, it really is 4-5 times a day. Otherwise, morning & evening
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom