Be honest, how often do you...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by tryingtohaveitall, Sep 16, 2009.

1. tryingtohaveitall

tryingtohaveitall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Ohio
    check for eggs? I confess, I am addicted. Days that I'm home I probably go out 4-5 times. Occasionally I'll let the kids check, lol! It's just so fun finding eggs! I can't help myself. [​IMG]

2. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I check at LEAST 4 or 5 times. !!!!

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    3 times. Once in the morning before I leave for work, once when I come home for lunch and again when I get home in the evening.

I go home for lunch to feed my chickens and other animals. Then I drive through somewhere before getting back to the office. [​IMG]

4. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Mine lay at different times so 3 times a day, breakfast, lunch, dinner.

5. shanonspeeps

shanonspeeps Out Of The Brooder

Jul 29, 2009
    Roll Tide Country
    About 3 times a day if I'm home on the weekend, but during the week- 2 times - before going to work and after work.

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    3 times. Unless I hear someone singing away, then I'll go collect my loot.

7. cap1717

cap1717 6 chooks, 1 slave. . . me!

Jun 12, 2009
    Heck, whenever mine actually start laying, I will probably be out there "snooping" every 5 - 10 minutes. . . .I sure will want to know who is laying, what color eggs they each lay ( RIR; BPR; EE & Americauna). Am hoping that with four distinct "varieties" I will be able to tell which is whose by the color. . . but that could be wishful thinking.

8. daklander

daklander Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2009
    Menifee, CA
    two to three times since we have new layers and three yet to start. So far the ones who have started are pretty good with the nesting boxes with only three full?complete eggs and one sans the shell, out of the boxes. Once all the girls are laying the checking will probably settle on twice a day.

9. StacyK

StacyK Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2009
    Sumner, WA
    LOL!! I had one girl in the box for two hours the other day. I was bugging her every 10 mins to see if she was done. I wanted to verify which color she was laying [​IMG] They've only been at it for 3 weeks now. But I did FINALLY find out she was my pinkish tan layer, my black EE girl.

When I am home, it really is 4-5 times a day. Otherwise, morning & evening [​IMG]

10. wombat

wombat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Twice a day, we have a couple afternoon layers.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by