Bea Arthur Dies at 86

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BirdBoy88, Apr 26, 2009.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    [​IMG] she died yesterday morning in her home... she had cancer [​IMG]

she was my Favorite! so funny always made me laugh.. she will be GREATLY MISSED!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  2. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Aw... I really like her too. [​IMG]

3. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    She inspired me - a strong woman with a strong personality. I watched her when I was elementary school aged. She made me want to be a grown-up WOMAN, not a chick or a bimbo.
    Bless Bea!!!!

4. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

Her work through the years was absolutely wonderful. Some shows I didn't see or care for, yet every place that you saw her, it would get beautiful reviews and you knew her part was spot on.

One of my favorite of shows is the Golden Girls. It has made it through the test of time! Liked it when it first came on TV and still, when I see it on Lifetime, no matter how many repeats, I still laugh, cry and feel their topic.

Our household will sorely miss Bea Arthur. God Speed Bea.

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I absolutely adore/adored Bea Arther; her wit, her height! lol her voice! A truly talented woman with a heart of gold and a great mind.

6. I heard too, so sad! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Loved her sarcastic wit! She'll be missed.

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh that saddens me she was one of my absolute favorites. I absolutely loved her in "Maude".

9. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    I admired her so much! The world will be a different place without her. I have seen every episode of Golden Girls a dozen times, she was always my favorite. She handled her career and her life with such grace. I will miss her. Heaven is lucky to have her.

10. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    She was always one of my favorite actresses. The Golden Girls is my all time favorite show. Dh buys me one season on dvd every Christmas. She'll be missed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by