Beagle lovers out there

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by adorable, Jan 26, 2009.

1. adorable

adorable Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    I am a beagle lover. I have 2 beagles and a jack russell. They all love comeing to the barn with me everytime i go.The funny thing is on of my beagle dosnt bark. If she gets really excited she will give a bit of a howl. She loves everyone that comes to the house. Well my other beagle is the opposite. When someone comes and she dosnt know them. well i have a hard time to get her to shut up. SHe is timid with strangers.
    How many beagles do you have. Any pictures ??[​IMG]

2. Sherry

Sherry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2007
    Southern WV
    I don't have any beagles but I grew up with them. Nothin cuter than a beagle puppy.

3. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Quote:I 100% agree, they are adorable!!! I have never owned one or really been around them but I have always wanted one...a female! They are sooo cute!

4. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Well, we have two beagles and a beagle/queensland cross. Our first beagle, Casey, is a dream doggie (well, aside from climbing on counters to steal food), hardly barks, comes when called (for the most part), very laid back. We just got the other two about a month ago, and they are nothing like Casey! We got them through beagle rescue, and it's obvious no one has taken much time to train them. We are all slowly getting used to each other and working on obedience which they are learning slowly but surely (beagles can be a challenge to train since, as the trainer I worked with on Casey said, they really just don't give a d**n about pleasing you"). But they are the funniest, most loveable dogs. I'll try to get some pictures posted soon!
    Liz

5. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Okay, here are the pics of my "beagle brigade"

First Beagle, Casey (aka Pampered Puppy Princess or Dammit Dog, depending on the day/moment):
    [​IMG]

Riley. You may notice that his front legs look odd; he was born with a birth defect so his legs are very crooked. Doesn't slow him down or keep him from jumping on the bed.
    [​IMG]

Huxley (beagle/queensland cross). Favorite passtime besides eating, staring at you (somewhat unnerving at times)
    [​IMG]

Here's the group of them posing for our Christmas photo (aided by me holding up some turkey to make them all stay)
    [​IMG]

Okay, I've shared mine. Let's see you beagle beauties!
    Liz

6. adorable

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    hi liz
    AHHHHH.......Very nice group you have there. The second one in the bottom picture. With her front legs ...That is normal in some beagles to be born like that. I will try to get mine up later on today.

7. adorable

Aug 7, 2007
    near ottawa ontario
    [​IMG]
    talk about a spoiled beagle
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  8. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

I LOVE Beagles. Nothin' like that hound dog "WHOOOOOO" greeting you at the door. We've had several Beagles through the years (Beagles and Danes, what a mix, right?) but right now we have a Beagle Border Collie mix. He's super cool. Always on guard and watching the kids and HIS territory and ready to sound the alarm if something is happening. Only problem is that he has to be locked up in the back yard because he just HAS to kill my chickens.

9. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I love my beagle too but she is definitely too smart. She barks a lot when people come in but its more excitement. They are not allowed to pet her or even have eye contact or talk to her till she calms down and it seems to be working. She roams the property a couple times a day, comes back when I call her but that took some time to learn too, or she just walks up to the door and barks once to be let in.

This is Sadie with my youngest, she crawled up under the covers this night and this is how I found them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Samarai Jenn

Samarai Jenn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2008
    The dogs are all so cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by