Beagle owners?

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by kargo, May 10, 2009.

1. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    Anyone got a cute pic. of their Beagle to cheer me up?

I had one for about two days. It's a really long story.

(if anyone's curious, I'll try to sum it up. One of the guys helping us with our house asked us to take his 1-year-old Beagle because he was moving and couldn't take her. I loved the dog, so I had no problem with it, even though we already had 21 pets. My mom reluctantly agreed, scne she'd be doing him a favor. She arrived on Wednesday. On Thursday, her owner came to work on out house. At 10-30 that night, he decided he wanted her back. He called repaetedly, and finally she went back with him. He claiend that his girlfriend had ben drving him crazy asking to get her back. The strange thing was that she didn't come. The whole story was fishy, actually. If he wanted her that badly, why couldn;t he have gotten her that morning? Anyway, so he left with her.
    The whole problem is that I've wanted a beagle all of my life. I particularly like this one, too. The an said he was sory, but he didn;t really seem sincere.
    I can't convince my mom to get me a Beagle of my own, either. *sigh*

2. horselover58

horselover58 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 19, 2009
    If your mom just cant afford to "buy" a Beagle, you can check the newspapers as I have seen many that need homes. [​IMG] Also you can check your local animal shelter, or check one of those free ad papers. You can even put a free ad in there asking if there is anyone who needs a good home for their Beagle. Also check in your state at Kijiji.com Good luck

3. dkluzier

dkluzier Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

This is my Tia Maria. She's beagle/basset. She was a freebie mutt!

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    I have to dig it up online but I got one when I first got homer (my beagle)

5. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    [​IMG]

ETA: craigslist.org has many dogs looking for homes.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  6. Jennings Gamefowl

Jennings Gamefowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    CORDOVA,SOUTH CAROLINA
    here is ukc reg BUCKY C, AND NKC REG JENNINGS BUCKY ... HE IS 2 MONTHS OLD IN THIS PIC.. HE IS NOW 4 MONTHS OLD

TRY CRAIGSLIST IN THE FREE ADS AND ASK ANYONE IF THEY GOT A BEAGLE THEY WANT TO GIVE AWAY FREE....ALSO TRY SHELTERS, THERE ARE WAY TOOO MANY DOGS WHO NEED A HOME AND NEVER FIND ONE....

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2009
  7. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    here you go! I have 3 beagles, and we had pups a few years back so I will post those too!!!
    [​IMG]
    my chester, and his offspring

[​IMG]
    my husband napping with the boys, chester and festus

[​IMG]
    chester

[​IMG]
    chester, festus and miss kitty. she is the black and white one.

[​IMG]
    puppies

[​IMG]
    christmas picture

[​IMG]
    chester and my grandson joshua

I could go on and on!!!

8. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

This is our 10 year old beagle, Copper with his little brother Chance & sister Abby (German Shepherds). He is a very good big brother even though the pups are now 9 months old and more than twice his size ~ Copper is still "top dog".

[​IMG]

9. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Our Sadie, she is 5 and we got her 3 years ago from the local ASPCA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. plumberroy

plumberroy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Retta and C.J. My hunting buddies chicken guards and friends. C.J. has several different barks from, Hey your home come see me, to I need something, to howling in tune with trains and sirens, to Hey that's not normal you need to look. Retta gets jealous if you put fresh straw in the chicken coup and she doesn't get some for her box (Shes not above pouting)
    Roy

Last edited: May 10, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by