Beak Abnormality

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by keddek, May 27, 2010.

1. keddek

keddek New Egg

May 27, 2010
    [​IMG]
    My beautiful Dhii is only 5 weeks old and has been perfectly normal and healthy, today I noticed that her bottom beak is slightly off center. After doing a bit of reading on the forum I did trim her bottom beak ever so slightly which you can see if you look closely, but it still is not fitting snugly up into her top beak as it should. Any suggestions as to what may have caused this and how I should treat it? Please help, I can't bear the thought of anything being wrong with her.

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

3. keddek

keddek New Egg

May 27, 2010
    Thank You. Reading that some do thrive is helping me to cope, but I wish there was a treatment. I only have three girls and she is the brains of the operation and by far the most personable. Is there not anything we can do at this early stage to help keep the deformity to a minimum????

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

5. keddek

keddek New Egg

May 27, 2010
    You are so kind and I truly appreciate your support. I will watch and hope that her amazing spirit will keep your deformity to a minimum. Either way we will love her thru all of her days.
    As you can see, our girls are as much pets as they are anything else. Here's hoping....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by