Beak dipped in emulsion paint

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by EggQueen, Mar 12, 2014.

1. EggQueen

EggQueen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2013
    Cambridgeshire
    My silkie has dipped his beak in emulsion paint - I was wondering why his beak was bright pink when it definitely hasn't been this morning! Seems fine at the moment, but is this a really bad thing? Do I need to be worried?

Thanks

2. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    I hope she didn't injest the paint.keep a close watch on her and if she starts acting sickly you can do a flush on her.to do a molasses flush you will put one cup molasses to 2 1/2 gallons of water give the flush for NO longer than 8 hours. It will flush out her system. Only do this flush if she is showing signs of illness.. She might just have been curious and stuck her beak in the paint without injesting any of it.hopefully that's the case. But watch her closely to be on the safe side.if she does become sick you can try the flush. Hope this helps you out and I wish you the best.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  3. EggQueen

EggQueen Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2013
    Cambridgeshire
    Thanks - very much appreciate the advice. Will keep a close eye and flush if necessary.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by