Beak issue? Fowl pox? Please help!

Nicrom

Songster
Apr 26, 2021
NW Georgia
Hello all, I’m concerned about one of my chickens. She is an 8 week old California white. I though she had fowl pox due to small bumps on the bottom of her beak, both sides in the same location. The other five also had similar bumbs but healed very quickly. Hers are still
Healing. Over the past few days she now has two black lines on the lower part of her beak, both sides.
She is acting normal and is eating and drinking. Just want to catch anything serious as soon as possible. Hoping it’s nothing and gets better soon. Thanks for any help out there! So many have helped me already in other posts in this new journey to chicken keeping!!

Attachments

• 71D68598-7E16-49ED-AACA-D6EACD15CAB9.jpeg
    71D68598-7E16-49ED-AACA-D6EACD15CAB9.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DEA64141-1461-4213-B404-CD920AB1479F.jpeg
    DEA64141-1461-4213-B404-CD920AB1479F.jpeg
    361.6 KB · Views: 15
Hello all, I’m concerned about one of my chickens. She is an 8 week old California white. I though she had fowl pox due to small bumps on the bottom of her beak, both sides in the same location. The other five also had similar bumbs but healed very quickly. Hers are still
Healing. Over the past few days she now has two black lines on the lower part of her beak, both sides.
She is acting normal and is eating and drinking. Just want to catch anything serious as soon as possible. Hoping it’s nothing and gets better soon. Thanks for any help out there! So many have helped me already in other posts in this new journey to chicken keeping!!
Hey there!
Any updates with this? How is your chickie doing?? I have a 10week old rir with similar bumps in the same location. Wondering if you have any tips, thanks! :)

Hey there!
Any updates with this? How is your chickie doing?? I have a 10week old rir with similar bumps in the same location. Wondering if you have any tips, thanks! :)
Hello! She is doing great! She was the first chicken in my flock to lay an egg and has been practically laying everyday since. What’s crazy is those bumps never really went away. Her waddles have grown in huge and she still looks a little crusty underneath. But she’s beautiful in my eyes, haha! All I did was monitor her closely to make sure it didn’t spread. I hope that it turns out to be nothing serious in your chicken!

Here is a close up of Sassy’s sister Pearl whose were never as bad but you can kinda see how she still has a little bit of the bumps left as well.

Attachments

• 5AE5B2E4-2EAA-422B-B8F8-D16B36EDB218.png
    5AE5B2E4-2EAA-422B-B8F8-D16B36EDB218.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 3
Hello! She is doing great! She was the first chicken in my flock to lay an egg and has been practically laying everyday since. What’s crazy is those bumps never really went away. Her waddles have grown in huge and she still looks a little crusty underneath. But she’s beautiful in my eyes, haha! All I did was monitor her closely to make sure it didn’t spread. I hope that it turns out to be nothing serious in your chicken!

Here is a close up of Sassy’s sister Pearl whose were never as bad but you can kinda see how she still has a little bit of the bumps left as well.
Glad to hear your chickens are doing well! And thanks so much for the info :)

Back
Top Bottom