Beak Trimmimg?

Because if it grows in a bad/wrong way it can make it so they can't close their mouth. That can cause their tongues to dry out along with other things

Not too sure about trimming, but my son was out n the coop and he had our sebright roo and said his beak was coming off. I checked and yes, his upper beak was almost completely detached. I trimmed it off since it was just hanging there. He still has an upper beak, it was kinda soft. I will check tomorrow to see if it hardens
Anyone know what caused that to happen?

trim when it becomes a problem...like if they don't line-up or if the top goes over the bottom or anything like that...so basically if it doesn't look normal you trim ot to be normal...I have had to do it to several roos recently

My little mille fleur d'uccle bantam's beak is kind of funky. It is uneven, and the top comes way over the bottom. As far as I can tell it doesn't cause her any problem, but it def. looks different. Do people actually trim beaks? How is the world do you do this? Is it necessary, or are there other ways to remedy this issue.

Back
Top Bottom