Beans! Beans! Good For Your Heart! The More You Eat, The More You...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by theoldchick, Oct 21, 2011.

1. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Stare at them:

[​IMG]

Then force someone to taste one:

[​IMG]

Maybe not so bad if someone else tries one:

[​IMG]

Are we supposed to drink the juice?

[​IMG]

Hey beans aren't so bad after all!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Askew joins me to give me a few tips:

[​IMG]

Then she's goes back to the beans:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm glad I'm not staying in the coop tonight-I have to close the windows due to the low temps.

2. chickenbuttsowhat

chickenbuttsowhat Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Danville, Arkansas
    hahahahaha so cute and funny i was so scared to give my chickens beans cuz i didnt know if they could fart lmao

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Don't feed beans. If they eat too many, they explode. Honest. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. superchemicalgirl

superchemicalgirl HEN PECKED

Jan 10, 2010
    Vacationland, Maine
    Quote:Just a quick aside from the cute pictures (thanks for sharing): where are you located? I'm in Maine and we leave the windows open year round, even when it is well sub-zero. Unless your windows are blowing directly on the roosting birds, you should be fine. I hate to presume, so come see us over at:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=421122&p=1

I'm also surprised they didn't get messier... I gave mine leftover cream cheese frosting the other day and everyones faces were covered in white goo. Then they started eating it off each other once the bowl was devoured. It was hilarious.

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I hope my chickens don't explode! Crossing my fingers! I can see the Internet sensation story: Exploding chickens in Union, SC cause traffic accidents on Route 49. What ever you do don't light a match!

I closed the windows last night because of the high winds. Nothing like 40 mph wind gusts to freeze the combs! Tonight I'll probably leave the windows open and inch or so. The coop does have secured ventilation ducts at top to help expel hot air during the summer months.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by