Bear Branch Indiana now has chickens

Quadog

Songster
10 Years
Oct 7, 2009
Hi, I'm new to chicken raising & to this site. I just got my coop built (well Almost) . My ideas were all from the pics & posts from this site. I got 10 Ameracaunas on Sept 1st from Orchelns when they were in the process of moving to their new location. $1.00 each! I think 1 is a roo. I planned on waiting untill spring but... They are out of the dog carrier in the garage & are now living in their new coop! I have a run started but it doesn't have a top on it yet so I have to be there to keep an eye on them. I have 10 acres for them when they get a little older but for now they are happy in the coop . I have to put them in their coop by hand at night for now but I guess they will eventually learn. I'm off to get a heated fountain for cold weather ahead. I was able to make a nice feeder out of a 5 gallon bucket thanks to this site though. I have learned alot about chickens from this site & would never have gotten them without it!
Thanks Guys.

WELCOME! So glad you found us here! Yes, BYC ROCKS!!! We'd love to see pics of your chickens and coop/run!! Enjoy your birds!

frow.gif

I gots pictures!
big_smile.png

I'll get them posted as soon as I get them downloaded .

Back
Top Bottom