bear hibernation is over

panner123

Songster
13 Years
Jan 15, 2007
Garden Valley, ca
Just after sunset the alarms went off. We went out to see what was there. As we left the deck we heard the bear as it touched the hot wire. Not many things can make a bear yelp the way an electric fence can. Hopefully the electric fence will keep them away from the chickens until they get a few good meals. Judy, you may get your present soon if the bear comes around where I can see it.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't remind me....
th.gif

Hi
frow.gif

I have lived in California all my life --- BUT I don't know where Weimar, CA is. Why are the bears waking up already?? Isn't this early??
ep.gif

Will a "hot wire" really keep bears away from chickens??
barnie.gif

Good Luck!!

Cindy

#1California Chick :

Hi
frow.gif

I have lived in California all my life --- BUT I don't know where Weimar, CA is. Why are the bears waking up already?? Isn't this early??
ep.gif

Will a "hot wire" really keep bears away from chickens??
barnie.gif

Good Luck!!

Cindy

Cindy, you pass right by my house on your way to Reno. Weimar is between Auburn & Colfax on I 80. The warm weather we have had is getting the bears up. Yes, an electric fence helps to keep keep the bears out. If they want in they will get in. But they pay the price.​

After I lost my last bird I put up an electric fence. A possum got into it and I knew it. It's history.

Back
Top Bottom