Bearded araucana laying tan eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ssbs, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ssbs

ssbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    I have 7 pullets that are all around 7-8 months old. I have 4 red sex links, 2 welsummer/EE mixes and a bearded araucana. I know that the EE mixes lay blue and green eggs, l have seen them both lay. Most days I get 3 or 4 brown eggs and one eggs that is a sort of pinkish tan color. I usually only get 2 or 3 blue/green eggs a day. Basically the only bird that the pinkish tan eggs could belong to is Sapphira, the aruacana.. But is that possible? The day before last my sister found a nest of 21 eggs. Sapphira got very angry and hopped in the nest while "growling". There were no blue or green eggs in the nest

2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

A picure of her would help us. Is she rumpless? The reason i ask is Araucanas do not have beards or lay any color egg besides blue.

3. ssbs

Jun 7, 2010
    She's not rumpless[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

She appears to be at least part Easter Egger. She is pretty.

5. ssbs

Jun 7, 2010
    Thanks. I think I paid $6 for her at 12 weeks old. She's a character for sure. It's worth adding that those are old pictures. Her comb is a bit bigger and red now. I bought her at a swap and the lady said she'd lay Easter eggs. Just confused because she isn't

6. imogene08

imogene08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2013
    Florida
    That's an Easter egger not an Arucuna.Why she said she would lay "Easter eggs" is that EEs lay any color egg :) your hen choose brown

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by