1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bearded Bantam Mille Fleur D'uccle. Roo/Pullet?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mother o' chicks72, Apr 1, 2011.

1. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    This is Honeysuckle, my D'uccle bantam. Roo or Pullet? she is 1-1.5 weeks old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mother o' chicks72

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    any guesses?

3. wbruder17

wbruder17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Portland, OR
    Really only a week and a half old? Looks like a lot of wing feathers for that young. Also the comb seems big for that age as well. I think you may need to recheck the age if you got it in a store. That chick looks more like a month old.

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

That chick has got to be about 3 weeks old hun. I have d'uccles that are just a bit older and a bit more feathered out.

I say its a girl, I do not see any waddles coming in with the comb, and not dark pink color either just the peachy pink and d'uccles you can tend to tell gender for sure by 4 weeks.

5. mother o' chicks72

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    Quote:you wanna see her when i got her? that was last wendesday i think...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    He was at least a week old when you got him, maybe closer to 10 days than 7.

I'm thinking roo, but its a little early to be certain.

7. mother o' chicks72

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    oh wow. i really hope you're wrong in the roo factor but if she really is more like 3 weeks than I suppose she can be introduced to our 5 week olds soon...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by