Bearded ladies

L&Schickens

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
Washington State
I am adding to my page, yet again, so here are some pictures.

My EE hens, AKA "Bearded ladies"

l_cbf237477bba45bfbe2280b3313f56bf.jpg

l_476eda4b00764e91a95ce7cacb5185a8.jpg

l_76a055cc0a8540bc82997b476d6ceb35.jpg

l_1f6b0727d6b246159d6f887c3cb3e3b2.jpg

My Jersey Giants are growing up!

l_856611d1760e4bb0bfd97d5af283ff92.jpg

l_afa280ec821646ca921e78372068f08b.jpg

l_bded3ea74f3c4be380731c87ad662290.jpg

Ok I just HAVE to say this: That silver laced EE is BEAUTIFUL! Where or how did you get her?!
love.gif
And I also love the lavender giants!(or are they self-blue?) Either way, I love those colors! Maybe you could make a Silver Laced Ameraucana?
tongue.png

I got that hen from my friend in Simi Valley. She shipped me her birds after she was told she would have to pay $100 a day per bird if she kept them.
roll.png
So she shipped me her 4 chickens. The "Silver Laced" hen is Stripy. I am working on getting a blue wheaton roo for them.
big_smile.png

The Jersey Giants are supposed to be splash. I have some older black hens that will be added to the flock when my roo and his splash hens grow up a little. I also have some older white giant hens. I would love to figure out how to make Lavender Giants. I will have to work on that.
wink.png

L&Schickens :

I got that hen from my friend in Simi Valley. She shipped me her birds after she was told she would have to pay $100 a day per bird if she kept them.
roll.png
So she shipped me her 4 chickens. The "Silver Laced" hen is Stripy. I am working on getting a blue wheaton roo for them.
big_smile.png

The Jersey Giants are supposed to be splash. I have some older black hens that will be added to the flock when my roo and his splash hens grow up a little. I also have some older white giant hens. I would love to figure out how to make Lavender Giants. I will have to work on that.
wink.png

Oh sorry about the giants! Now that I look at them I see some darker spots. But they are still VERY beautiful! Keep up the good work!​

aahh! they are SO SWEET! look at their muffs and beards....i am all about the muff/beard combo, i think it really does something for a chicken
smile.png

Kim

I adore bearded ladies and their roo's, they also wear the most beautiful dresses...
wink.png
Like the Hollybawk Chickens...
cool.png

I used my black ameraucana looking EE roo over my BLRW hens (3) and got chicks from the beginning of this month's hatch that are looking like BLRW's with the beard and GREEN LEGS!!! I finally have beautiful green legs! Now if I could get a silver/black beauty like your's...

A side note: If my 101 y/o Irish grandmother were still alive, she'd really smile about the green legs, she and I have very white skinned legs and our green veins always show a big contrast LOL!
(how shocking!) HA HA, it was in her time, a woman never showed her legs...

Back
Top Bottom