Bearded Silkie Closeout...pickup only IL (photo added)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mothergoose, Aug 2, 2008.

1. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    This has been a hard decision, but I have decided to put my focus on our cochin bantams, so we are selling out the remainder of our silkie flock.

Bearded Partridge silkies - 1 rooster & 3 hens. Rooster is under 1 year, hens are all under 2 years old.
    Rooster is from Catheryn Walden. Hens are from Shari at Harvest Breeze, Blue bell Silkies, & Fluff -n-Stuff. $100.00 for all.

Bearded Buff Silkies - 1 rooster, 4 hens & 1 pullet. Rooster is 2 yrs old, Hens are all between 1yr- 1 1/2 yrs old and a 6 month old pullet.
    Rooster is Pure Hattrick, bought from Shari at Harvest Breeze. Hens are from Bobby Porto, Sassy Silkies,& Fluff-N-Stuff. Pullet is out of this flock. $225.00 for all.

Here is a photo of some of the buff hens. It was taken late winter, their top nots don't look as good right now, due to my over zelous rooster!

[​IMG]
    All of these birds are in breeding except for the buff pullet, so they are not in super feather right now.

These birds are for pickup only or possibly can meet within a reasonable distance.

If interested please email or pm me with any other questions.

Thanks,
    Christie

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I know you got some beautiful silkies...wish you all the luck!

Got a Welsummer cockeral for me????????? The ones I got were rather spotty, not sure if that is normal for them to have mixed colors of bay and black chest feathers until their juvy feathers fall off and then get black chest.

3. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I would love your partridge + buffs but think I am too far --Hubbard Ohio

I started School so by day I am a student night a teacher and I think I need a twin !

4. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    ok mapquest me - I want the PArtridges - my husband would kill me if i take the buffs to -- but maybe a pullet LOL

5. Cruiser

Cruiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2008
    W. Terre Haute IN.
    Here you go

Trip: 443.5 mi, 6 hr 29 min

6. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    LOL ty-- anyone else interested in the buffs maybe half way LOL - ok I can do 6 hours it doesn't go near VA does it -- That is a cursed state LOL

Same as a trip to Judy's or Nikki's

7. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    Christie i can paypal if you can hold them till i can get my schedule free for a day ???

Shari

8. risurocket

risurocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I would love the buffs, and am only 2 hours away, but I can't afford them yet. [​IMG] I wish I was more ready to have them, because you seem to be the closest to me that I have found so far, with silkies. *sigh* oh well.

9. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Shari,
    I would gladly hold them for you. My in-laws live in Rensselear, Indiana and could possibly meet you in Indiana, depending on what day it ends up being...if would save you about an hour at least. I would make you a deal if you want them all!!!!
    Christie [​IMG]

Robin,
    I have a few youngsters, still small. I also have some eggs in the incubator, so should have some this fall. I will probably take a few to the Kankakee swap in Sept. Will you make it up for the Sept. or Oct. swap? I would hold one for you.
    Let me know,
    Christie [​IMG]

10. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    PM sent I will talk to hubby on the buffs - but for sure I want the partridges !!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I sent ya a pm ----

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by