Bearded Silkies, Polish and French Black Copper Marans Chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tplummer, May 31, 2010.

1. tplummer

tplummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    We have 7-week-old Polish chicks for sale at $6.00 each. We also have 7 week-old French Black Copper Marans chicks for sale at $10.00 each. NO SHIPPING ON ANY OF THESE. PICK UP ONLY PLEASE. WE WILL MEET WITHIN A REASONABLE DISTANCE.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  2. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Do you have silkies and pictures of the chicks and parents?

3. tplummer

Jun 16, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    I do have chicks. I can check on the pics. If not, I can take some. The mom is a nonbearded and the dad is a bearded blue partridge. They have thrown some interesting colors. The hens are black, blue, buff and white. These came from our nonbearded pen/bearded pen. These are not our showbirds. We have a whole building of them. They are not laying right now, though and are sold at a higher price.

Tonya

4. ChickenPop

ChickenPop New Egg

May 11, 2009
    Patrick, South Carolina
    Question about the Maran chicks, when you say they are french, what does that mean?

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Tonya, I might be interested in getting some chicks or eggs from you from the show silkies when they start laying. I'm about 1hr45m from Salisbury. :)

6. tplummer

Jun 16, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    French Copper Black Marans mean that they have feathered legs. Regular Marans do not.

I would be glad to get you some eggs when they start laying. It could be anytime for a few of them. The others are only about 4 months. My older adult show birds seem to lay more in the fall. Do not know why. I guess they do not like the heat. They laid like crazy in December.

7. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    How much do you usually sell BCM hatching eggs for? Can't afford them at the moment, but I'll definitely be keeping you in mind [​IMG] We're in Rockwell.

8. mayberrygirl

mayberrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2010
    Mount Airy, NC
    Do you have any silkies? If so how old are they? I am looking for a couple a day or 2 old to go with my single hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by