Beatiful Siamese Stray..Wish me luck...caught him!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by nerfy, Oct 28, 2008.

1. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    My husband had told me of a new cat that started to hang out by our home. I have a colony of TNR cats, for weeks, never saw the "mystery" cat. Asked DH what it looked like,the response was "I dunno, Grayish?"
    To make a long story short, I saw him for the first time Sunday.
    Went to feed the others tonight, and he was there, a beautiful longer haired siamese. He let me pet him and was tame enough to let me feel he was an intact male. Very young, less than a year. I told my DH about this, it has to be someones cat. He said fine, as long as it don't end up in the house. After all these years, ya'd think he'd know better saying that to me. Just caught him in a trap, he is finishing his tuna. Honestly, I think this cat was dumped. Very skinny. Very loving. In the bathroom now.
    Not the best pic, but don't want to freak him out too much. Any siamese experts out there? What type do you think he is?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Lucky you! I'm currently haunting the petfinder website in search of a siamese after just getting the go ahead from my SO.
    If we were closer I'd take that sweet boy off your hands.
    Hmmm, color. Darker than my seal point. Not as dark as my chocolate point. So not sure.

3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Beautiful. Looks like a dark seal point. My sister's seal point was dark like that. Awesome cat.

4. Aneesa's Muse

Aneesa's Muse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    He does look like a Seal... but hard to say as it looks like the flash was involved, too. Whatever he is... he's beautiful ..and quite fortunate [​IMG]

Enjoy your new kitty!

5. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

I would say it had Siamese/Himalayan in it, but the seal points are generally born white with a very light color patterns.
    This is my Seal Point Himalayan as a comparison, she is not a pure bred to my knowledge- or not pedigreed (if they use that term in cats)

[​IMG]

Keep in mind it can take 18 months for full color to form, Fancy(above and I did not pick her name) is 3 years old.

Either way, I'd snuggle that baby right in under my nose and love him! [​IMG]

6. MrsCountryChick

MrsCountryChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    PA
    Wow your new found little guy looks like my abandoned orphan kitten I found so young I had to bottle feed. She was so cute & tiny, but has grown to have a large attitude when she wants to at the age of 4yrs, ........typical Siamese. [​IMG] This pic isn't the best cuz she was moving in the photo, and it's taken in dark poor light, but it shows her body & her coloring. She looks more towards a Seal Point. She has blue eyes & is named MiMi. We call her MiMi Girl. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ETA: Spook I LOVE your Cat, how beautiful! Anytime I've ever had a kitten look 'similar' it'd always grow out of the longer hair by the time they were grown. [​IMG] But ya gotta love 'em anyway. But that's the hair length I Love. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  7. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    I'd wonder with all of that hair if he isn't mixed with some ragdoll. Beautiful kitty!!

8. RJ_Hythloday

RJ_Hythloday Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2008
    Zion
    Lucky you, I saw a siamese wandering around recently. Had a black cat in my backyard last week and let him in for a bit. Very friendly, but I can only have 2 animals where I'm at. I've already got 1 dog and 1 cat and no chickens. [​IMG]

9. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    You all have such pretty kitties!
    Thanks for all the responses. Took him to the vet hoping he had a microchip, no such luck. The vet assistant thinks he's 3 or 4 years old from the looks of his teeth. He is so skinny every back bone and rib can be felt. Next step is to call local shelters and such to see if anyone reported him missing.
    Also post some signs.
    DH is not a happy camper right now. Very miffed because I brought him in. Been through this many times! Kitty seems pretty happy though! Here's another pic without the flash.
    He is lighter them the pic, but being the typical cat, is not staying very still. Will try later for a better pic.
    [​IMG]

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Gorgeous! Thank you for taking him in. Make sure to worm him for tapeworms and roundworms. Also, make sure to get him a rabies and distemper shot.

He is very pretty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by