Beau Peep Farms, Canadian Hatchery

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ophelia3178, Nov 10, 2014.

1. ophelia3178

ophelia3178 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2014
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    In my experience, BEST HATCHERY EVER. I ordered 3 day old chicks from here. They sent 6 just in case of any deaths. None died, all arrived in Montreal from BC healthy and happy. 2 amercaunas 2 delawares 2 Buff orpingtons. Geoff, the owner of Beau Peeps kept in touch with me on the day of delivery, making sure all is well. Anyways if you are a Canadian and you want chicks order from here. PS order less than you want, they give double the amount just in case, boy were we in for a surprise when we saw 6 chicks in the box.

http://beaupeepfarms.com/

their catalogue http://webstartsshoppingcart.com/shopping-cart/store/catalog.php?userid=140789

2. Denwendairy

Denwendairy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2014
    Alberta Canada
    Thanks for the lead! I am from Alberta and am trying to figure out where I will source some replacements birds in the spring. I will definitely check Beau Peep out!

3. ophelia3178

ophelia3178 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2014
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Great! Good luck, let me know how it goes. :)

4. wyandottegirl

wyandottegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2014
    Vancouver Island, BC
    Does anyone know if their birds are show quality?

5. northernbcgal

northernbcgal Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2014
    Fort St John, BC
    I know it is late, but these birds are definitely NOT show quality. I am very disappointed with their chicks. I purchased Cuckoo Marans and Amauracanas. 90% female sexed.....actually they were 50/50 and I don't believe either set of birds to be pure. They were also infested with poltry louse. They are now ignoring my emails and phone calls.

BE VERY WARY!

6. Beau Peep Farms

Beau Peep Farms New Egg

Jan 4, 2014
    For starters, we are not a hatchery. We are a broker and deal with 7 large hatcheries in the USA and a few select private breeders.

As for being show quality ... nobody can ever guarantee that any chick will be of show quality. That is like saying that every child born to a super model will be of super model quality from the day she is born. Our chicks come from 100% purebred stock and while we cannot guarantee show quality, we have over 50 ribbons with top 3 finishes (some Best Of Class and 1 Reserve Champion) at the Chilliwack Fair (an APA sanctioned event).

As for ignoring emails and phone calls ... what business would do this? They best form of advertising is word of mouth and if our customer isn't happy, we want to make them happy. The business phone is glued to my hip and I am always on email at 0500 every morning. There are times that there are so many that I can't get to them all the same day (hence the reason we have a automatic response advising "we will respond to your email within 24-48 hours ... sometimes sooner!").

As for chicken louse ... this is just not possible as we run what is known as a "closed flock". When we get the chicks at 2 days old, they are put into their respective brooders. The public is not allowed where the chicks are kept and everyone entering our sales area walks through a wash tray of cleaning solution as soon as they open the door to the sales area.

As for sexing ... they are sexed through vent sexing which is much more accurate than feather sexing. If she had 50/50, I was not made aware of it as I pay top $$ for sexing prior to their arriving here.

I always say ... If you are happy with us, please tell your friends. If not, please tell us so we can try to rectify the issue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by