1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

beaumont texas show - October 13th saturday

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by blue90292, Jun 29, 2007.

1. blue90292

blue90292 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    doesn anyone have any info on this show??

Last edited: Jul 11, 2007
  2. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Hey blue! No I don't know anything about the show but would love to. We might be neighbors in a few years. My hubby and I are thinking of moving to Rosharon to be near my mom. She lives off of Almeda and West Orem. I would love to know more about it. Email me?

3. blue90292

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    i know the beaumont show is some time in october and it's suppose to be as big as the college station show. but i can't find anything on the web. i must not be a very good googler....

as soon as i find something out, i'll email it your way, cheri.

w orem and almeda....they're building ALOT out on that road lately. i'm in iowa colony near six and 288. yes, neighbors would be wonderful. i'm finally starting to find people around my area that keep chickens and it's been fun sharing info with them.

4. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Cool. I need info about taxes and such. It would be about 5 years from now. My mom has lived in her house for about 36 years now. I went to Madison High.

5. blue90292

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    woo hoo! got the info!!

it's on october 13th, saturday. the open poultry and waterfowl check in is from 6.30am to 8am. the judging starts at 9am. they'll have standard and bantam classes with american, asian, english, mediteranian (sp?) etc etc.

i hope to get to see chickens that i've only seen in pictures. and i've heard this is a great show to go to. i hope some of us can meet up.

6. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Cool! Maybe I'll get to go.

7. blue90292

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    that would be fun! cheri, have you joined the texas meet-up site?? i'm going to post this there also so maybe we can meet-up with even more people at the show.

btw, i'm happy to hear that your guy went through fowl pox okay.

the scabs that he had, did you take them off or did you let it come off naturally??

8. blue90292

Jan 30, 2007
    Rosharon, TX
    anyone else going to this show? was hoping to meet some fellow chicken lovers there.

if i remember correctly, they said they had approx 400 chickens being shown last year.

9. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    Hey guys,
    Isn't this just the regular judging/auction that they have every year at the Beaumont Fair? It should be in the big barn area all the way at the back or the Fair Grounds @ Ford Park based on how it was set up last year. I looked at the birds last year, but wasn't really interested in 'birds' then, so this year I am anxious to go & see what adults I can possibly acquire as well as local connections I can make as well.
    I live in Bridge City.
    Kristi

10. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    I had a guy I just sold eggs to offer to get me into the show, but I don't have anything I want enter this year. I hadn't heard about it until this year, so I've never been there. Being on a Saturday in October, I probably won't get to go, either. My weekends for October are already spoken for. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by