Beautiful Ameracauna eggs f/s to ship Monday from IN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by kritter11, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kritter11

kritter11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Marion, IN
    12+ fresh eggs gathered several times a day.
    Will ship out on Monday, March 2nd.
    25$, shipping included.
    PLEASE, email: [email protected] for payment info (Paypal only) and post "sold" here?
    Thank you!

Parents of the eggs:

[​IMG]

2. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Egss look like EE's.

3. kritter11

kritter11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Marion, IN
    This is putting it simply but, Easter Eggers can be another name for Ameracauna. [​IMG]

4. turtleblossom

turtleblossom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Kentucky
    Easter Egger is not another name for Ameraucanas, it is another name for 'mutt chicken'. I love the colors in your birds, especially the roo, but they are not Ameraucanas. See the sticky at the top of the breeds section for more info.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  5. counselor5

counselor5 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2007
    Virginia
    "Easter Egger is not another name for Ameraucanas, it is another name for 'mutt chicken'. I love the colors in your birds, especially the roo, but they are not Ameraucanas. See the sticky at the top of the breeds section for more info."

History of the Ameraucana
    Ameraucanas were bred from Easter Eggers, A MIXED NON-STANDARD BREED derived from breeding the native South American Araucana with Old World varieties. The APA officially accepted Ameraucana as standard breeds in 1984.

The characteristic muff and beard of the Ameraucana are present in U.K. Araucana as these traits are present in the Mapuche and Quechua de Artes founder stock imported into Europe from the Falkland Islands. The fully feathered faces of the founder stock are of vital importance as they insulate the birds against the frigid cold of southern coastal South America. Winds from Antarctica bring the temperatures to minus zero for months at a time. Blue egg laying chickens brought to the Falklands by Argentinians, traded from Mapuche and Quechua speaking Indians, were later exported from the Falkland Islands by British guano and fishing fleets. The Ameraucana is descended of U.K. Araucanas brought into North America during the World Fair in Toronto and Montreal's 1967 Expo. Molecular data retrieved from specimens of known provenance in the Falklands, U.K., Shetland Isles and Canada, proved to be closely related. Consequently, the Ameraucana is probably closer genetically to the South American founders than the North American Araucana.

Hmmm, so in turn, the Ameraucana is a "mutt" chicken, so why is it not safe to assume that the Ameraucana can also be called EE?

6. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    This post has been cleaned up of unnecessary chatter and comments. Please review the rules for BST. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=131951

As a reminder of some of our other rules:

* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.
    3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
    4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntary, so please be considerate when posting.
    5. No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.

Pictures are clearly posted, as well as egg colors. If a "buyer" has a question, they can feel free to reach out to the "seller" directly.
    If anyone wants to discuss "breeds", there is a breed section on the forum.

Thank you for your understanding and I apologize for this brief interuption on your sale ad Kritter.

7. Debi214

Debi214 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    Richmond, VA
    * Do not post threads questioning moderation.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
  8. Dread Pirate Roberts

Dread Pirate Roberts Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    NorCal

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2009
  9. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    pretty EE's, I love the colors of your birds [​IMG]

10. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    3. No Flaming (verbally attacking people or groups of people - e.g. a profession, an organization, a company.)
    4. No Trolling (posting to provoke others, luring them to flame or rant). Trolling is sometimes done involuntary, so please be considerate when posting.
    5. No teasing, mocking, ridiculing, or otherwise making fun at other member's expense.

7. No Fighting. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong" threads and posts will be edited or deleted.

and

Moderation
    BYC staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BYC staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
    * If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BYC staff member.

This is your only warning.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by