Beautiful assortment of baby chicks but just one problem...... What kind are they??

hollyertley

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 12, 2012
Georgia
I have this beautiful assortment of chicks that i got from Tractor supply but I have no idea what kind some of them are. Look at the pics and tell me what you think. I know the first three are bantams and they have beautiful feathered legs. The last one has feathered legs but isn't a bantam. They are all pullets and they seem to be developing a single comb but I don't know if it is too early to tell what type of comb they will have. I am new at this chicken thing so any help will be useful. Thanks

Just wanted to add that they are totally random chicks and didn't (from what I know) come from the same brood. The dark bantam (third pictured) is very strutty and generally behaves like a roo so I believe it may be a cockrell instead of a pullet like the other chicks.

1. Mottled Cochin
2. Porcelain d'Uccle
3. Barred or Silver Laced Cochin
4. ?
5. Buff Brahma

You'll have a cute flock with those.

I agree. I am thinking #4 is a Wyandottee. She just looks like one. I figured out the d'uccle last night too. It is an interesting bunch for sure. Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom