Beautiful assortment of baby chicks but just one problem...... What kind are they??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hollyertley, Mar 13, 2012.

1. hollyertley

hollyertley Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    Georgia
    I have this beautiful assortment of chicks that i got from Tractor supply but I have no idea what kind some of them are. Look at the pics and tell me what you think. I know the first three are bantams and they have beautiful feathered legs. The last one has feathered legs but isn't a bantam. They are all pullets and they seem to be developing a single comb but I don't know if it is too early to tell what type of comb they will have. I am new at this chicken thing so any help will be useful. Thanks[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. hollyertley

Mar 12, 2012
    Georgia
    Just wanted to add that they are totally random chicks and didn't (from what I know) come from the same brood. The dark bantam (third pictured) is very strutty and generally behaves like a roo so I believe it may be a cockrell instead of a pullet like the other chicks.

3. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    1. Mottled Cochin
    2. Porcelain d'Uccle
    3. Barred or Silver Laced Cochin
    4. ?
    5. Buff Brahma

You'll have a cute flock with those.

4. hollyertley

Mar 12, 2012
    Georgia
    I agree. I am thinking #4 is a Wyandottee. She just looks like one. I figured out the d'uccle last night too. It is an interesting bunch for sure. Thanks for your help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by