Beautiful bantams: D’Uccle discussion

Pics

GldnValleyHens

Crowing
5 Years
Apr 21, 2017
Galena, Illinois
Anyone else as huge a fan of D’Uccles as I am?? Love to hear your stories and pics of your favorite D’Uccle babies! They are far my favorite bantams, for they are calm, sociable, gorgeous, and very hardy in my cold prairie climate.
I currently have three, Edna Mae is my little diva, a Mille Fleur, and her mate, a Porcelain rooster named Napoleon. Their beautiful and cocky son Edmond lives with the ducks, as he and his jerk of a father don’t get along well at all. I want to transition him back to the chicken coop, but he grew up with the ducks and they all are very close.
Also in my experience D’Uccles are easier to hatch than other bantams, and my hatch ( in a crappy incubator too) was very successful. Edmond and his sister grew and hatched out full of life! Edmond had problems early on with two splayed legs, and I feared he wouldn’t make it, but D’Uccle resilience won out, and today he is in perfect condition!

I love my d'Uccles! I currently have 15, plus some young ones. Here are some (old) photos of 3 of my hens. From top to bottom they are Spots, Miss Stacy, and Buttercup.
IMG_5802.JPG
IMG_5782.JPG
IMG_5777.JPG

I currently own eight d'uccles: 2 porcelain hens, 1 porcelain cockerel, 3 mille fleur pullets, 1 mille fleur cockerel, and 1 mille fleur roosters. The first time I hatched any was two years ago, and only six hatched with many complications. My rooster is the one I chose to keep from two survivors. Last year, we had better luck and hatched a dozen d'uccles from which we kept three pullets. I don't have many pictures of them, but here's one of my rooster.
unnamed (3).jpg

Yay got my Bantams picked up today so my Mille flur's will not be alone any more They will have ten or twelve ( they put in extras just not sure of which breeds.) half and half mille flur and porcelin's. Hoping as we all usually do for a high percentage of pullet to cockerel time will tell. Here they are along with 15 plus silkie and chochins I also got.
Made it home.jpg

Back
Top Bottom