Beautiful Banties Peach - Buff - Salmon? Color And What Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rlhagan56, Sep 25, 2012.

1. rlhagan56

rlhagan56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2012
    Out West
    At 10 weeks I still have two mystery banties left, and they are my favorite. Introducing Forest Gump (he earned the name) and his wife Dovey. They are as small as my little Japanese female but I am stumped on breed. I thought maaaybe Red Pyle OEG?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to add their little coop although it isn't complete yet, and my miniature horse's hitch post.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. SweetSilver

SweetSilver Chillin' With My Peeps

Is that a rose comb or a single comb? Can't tell from the pictures. Not that I'd be able to ID her. [​IMG] She does look a bit like our d'anvers, similar comb (if it's a rose comb) and dark legs, but yours doesn't have a beard.

Just thought I'd flaunt my ignorance whilst giving this thread a bump.

Send in the clowns........

3. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    buff laced sebright cockeral

4. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    I was thinking buff Sebrights as well. That is, assuming they have rose combs.

5. rlhagan56

Mar 10, 2012
    Out West
    Lol, Yes I thought it was a pea comb but probably is a rose comb on Forest. I had buff laced Sebright written down in my banty breed notes and saw it after I posted. But I thought,"Naw. Can't be!" The little hen has (don't know what you call it now) almost no comb like the EE hens when young. The little BR banties are starting to tower over the other three now lol. These little guys are so much fun!

6. rlhagan56

Mar 10, 2012
    Out West
    Forest's rose comb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I sure appreciate your help. these two were a pale peach color as chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by