Beautiful Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Rooster that needs a good home - near Kansas City, Missouri

btbuster

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 9, 2013
Grandview, Missouri
About 13 weeks ago we became new owners to a small family of chickens. We wanted 8 laying hens, but ended up with two roosters. (yikes!) We don't know if should even keep one, but definitely can’t keep two. So, we have a beautiful Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Rooster that needs a good home. I’m not sure how old they were when we got them, but the hens haven’t started laying eggs yet and the rooster’s tail feathers are just starting to come out. We live just south of Kansas City, Missouri.

Note: I have 3 dogs that daily sniff at the wood fence, and none of my chickens are bothered by them. They are safe and seem very contented. (I've even heard them 'purr' - which was weird at first!)

I have never done that before. I know they ship little chicks, but will it traumatize him?
I would have to find the proper container, etc. And I don't know what it cost to send a live chicken.
Does the post office do this? Or UPS? I apologize for my lack of knowledge.

holly molly, now we have a problem here, youre talking with a newbie in here :) im not really sure about your conserns either, im prety sure they would allow to send a big rooster thru USPS with the correct livestock box but the mayor problem would be, they charge depending on weight, so im guessing if the roo is around 4 or 5 pound its gonna a bit expensive, i guess i can ask USPS about price and if is allow to ship the roo if you tell me how much is he weight and your zip code
I have never done that before.  I know they ship little chicks, but will it t[COLOR=000000]raumatize him?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]I would have to find the proper container, etc. And I don't know what it cost to send a live chicken.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000]Does the post office do this?   Or UPS?  I apologize for my lack of knowledge.[/COLOR]

holly molly, now we have a problem here, youre talking with a newbie in here :) im not really sure about your conserns either, im prety sure they would allow to send a big rooster thru USPS with the correct livestock box but the mayor problem would be, they charge depending on weight, so im guessing if the roo is around 4 or 5 pound its gonna a bit expensive, i guess i can ask USPS about price and if is allow to ship the roo if you tell me how much is he weight and your zip code
Quote: Just to add in here, your flock must be NPIP tested to ship live birds.

We found a home for our rooster!!! (And he's not going to be eaten! - Sorry, had to add that!)
I contacted a friend that lives in the country, and she put the word out, and what a surprise when the grown son of a dear friend (now deceased) of mine said he would take it!
So, I can go visit him if I want! They came today and picked him up, so we have a happy ending to this story!!

Back
Top Bottom