Beautiful Buckeyes !

Chickielady

Spiritwood Farms
14 Years
Mar 10, 2010
Raymond, WA
My Coop
My Coop
For Sale here is 12+ extras Buckeye Large Fowl hatching eggs.
This is no auction so anyone interested can PM or e-mail me.
My e-mail address is on my sig line.

Shipping is extra, not included in this price, and is usually around $17 give or take a few Paypal address is my e-mail address.
I pack each egg in wrapped paper and set in a sturdy carton and nest in shredded paper and more bubble wrap. Hatching has been fantastic, fertility has to be 99-100% and chicks hatch easily and are vigorous & healthy. This sale should be on all spring & summer, for anyone interested at a later date.
yippiechickie.gif

These birds are extremely friendly, inquestitive, and kind. They are also great layers, non stop all throughout our winter here. This flock has had several members shown, and have thus been T & P tested and swabbed for AI and are clean, though I have not gotten NPIP certification done yet.
They are also frequently broody as a true heritage breed, and make wonderful Mothers & Fathers.

They are also very cold hardy, and fertility has never waned throughout the winter here.
Easy on the eyes, this breed is gorgeous to say the least, and one of our favorites !
For any further info please PM me !
P.S. these lines came direct from Chris McCary (Alabama)

Last edited:
I got my starting eggs from Chris McCary last spring.

This first generation is laying now, and these are the eggs I am offering for sale for a very limited time, this may be the last classified for the Buckeyes until later this summer.
Why?
Because 3 hens are trying real hard to be broody the last 3 months of winter here............LOL
And I have successfully pulled them out of it.
But it looks like they are at it again, and since I have so many eggs in the incubator I have decided to give them their own coop & dummy eggs, and when the time comes they will have handfuls of buckeye chicks.
Chris' Buckeye full brother to my Cock just won wonderful titles at shows. My Cock has won best of breed & BV at recent shows here at a young age and I expect he will do better at the next show.
Thanks for looking !

Thanks for the info and good luck with them. I will have to keep an eye out later in the year for some of your eggs then. I think I have enough to get me going, but I will need to add some new blood to my flock since all of mine are from the same breeder except for one hen.
Good luck with your boy.
Theri

Back
Top Bottom