Beautiful Dark RIR Pullet & Others ((SOLD))/ Extreme N. Ga.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, Aug 26, 2007.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I've decided to slowly downsize my flock somewhat and these three young ladies, all laying, are the first. All were hatched Feb 1 so are around 29 weeks old.
    $10 each, preferably go together
    Pickup/Cash only. No shipping, sorry.

Scarlett, very dark red RIR pullet, Breeder Quality, possibly show quality. She's a rare color these days and just glows. I hate to sell her, but Im not breeding RIRs and I'd love for someone with a RIR rooster to breed her for color in the chicks. She is from a breeder, not hatchery stock.

Iris & Hazel, Easter Egger/Barred Rock cross pullets, very pretty, regular layers of smallish eggs. They lay pinky-beige eggs and sometimes Iris lays a pinky egg with lavender speckles, very cute.
    Hazel[​IMG]
    Iris
    [​IMG]
    Scarlett
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    OK, I have to confess... I saw this pic of scarlett and fell in love.
    I'd love to breed her with my roo Red.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. rooster-red

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    Guess I got too excited, I'd like Hazel & Iris also.

4. speckledhen

Nice rooster you have there. Scarlett is the most beautiful RIR pullet I've ever seen-I certainly cant take credit for that, except for getting her egg to hatch. She was part of a shipment of Blue Orp eggs-Julie in AL didn't have enough to send and asked if I'd like some from her dark RIR rooster and his ladies. As you can see, she is just a gorgeous color. I would love for someone to breed some chicks from her. I don't have a RIR rooster or I would. Iris and Hazel are cuties, too, but they look like bantams next to Scarlett.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  5. serendipity22

serendipity22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    NC
    They're beautiful. Especially the RIR. Wish I was coming your way.

6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Speckled you have the most beautiful birds. I always love your pics.

7. rooster-red

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I could come get them on 9/1

8. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    rooster-red...see if you can sneak suede into a bag and whisk him and his blue orp lady away without anyone noticing...try not to look too conspicuous...then send em both to me in the mail!

Speckledhen...what breed is the really cute little hen in picture #2 eating behind Iris? She has whitish parts to her brown feathers...very cute.

9. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Cynthia, I just do not have enough gas or time to get to Georgia!!!! They are beautiful.

10. speckledhen

aran, the one in the background is a Silver Laced Wyandotte, one of my older girls. And that would have to be a VERY large bag to hold those two birds, LOL.

Lee, if you want to drive up to get these three girls on Saturday, let me know for sure so I don't sell them to anyone else, and I'll get you directions. Don't you live somewhere around Douglasville, if I recall?

Everyone else, thanks for the compliments on my birds. The younger layers are all in glowing health and most of the older ones, though healthy, are molting, some not prettily, LOL. I'll refrain from taking pics of them till they look more like themselves!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by