1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Beautiful day and a change of color

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Ok, so the day is dreary and grey but my ducks lightened it up [​IMG] I went out and watched my 10 adults and 16 youngsters romp around in the yard and the canada geese came to visit and see what was going on! im about to go get pictures right now [​IMG]

Oh- and I went out and had to do a double take - My one female buff cross who has always been a real nice buff color is BLUE!

ANd now Im being my typical self and sitting on the toilet while Goonie - my 2 1/2 foot long 2 month old scovie drsake plays in the bath tub [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. nettie

nettie Enslaved by Indoor Ducks

Nov 20, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    you will have to post pictures of the color change!

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Here are some pictutres :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The one without the ring around her neck - last week she was a solid buff color with blue feathers here and there - now looka t her!
    [​IMG]

4. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

I love how the geese came for a visit. They must have been in the air, looked down, and said, "hey, this looks like a great place!"

5. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    Gorgeous ducks and i love your property. Its beautiful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by