Beautiful day! The chickens were free ranging happily!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jtbrown, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I will try to do pics, I thought maybe with the new system I could use the iPad, I will have to wait til on my desktop. Anyway, our corgi has previously shown us he can't help himself and goes after our chickens. Today, while the chickens were free ranging, I walked him out to bathroom, he ignored the hen 1 foot away. So, I sat out there with him, telling him what a great boy he is, and a he got on my lap, he was okay!

I don't trust him, but before he would shake and quiver fighting instinct because he knew it wasn't acceptable to have raw chicken! So,this spring I have my work cut out for me and him, training, training, training. I only free range the birds in the afternoon when I am home, but I feel bad confining him to the house. If we an all be there together, watching him, it would be better!

2. jlovelady

jlovelady Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2012
    I've been working with my heeler pup on not chasing the chickens. I've been leashing him to me an making him go with me to the coop. I still dont trust him though

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by