1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Beautiful day to let Chicks out Here

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Mechanic1987, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Mechanic1987

Mechanic1987 In the Brooder

Mar 19, 2007
    Anniston, Ala.
    [​IMG] Today the weather here is sunny and hot; so we let the chicks out for a while- tomorrow is suppose to be 90. They hve both sun and shade in the yard and we keep a close I on them. I have also notice in about 8 hours they can go through a quart of water. The RIR have already started putting on feathers. and have grown a lot in a week. I hope you enjoy the New Pic.

Ray

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    Ray, great pics....looks like the little chicks are enjoying a day out. Hopefully it will get nice here in Indiana soon, and I can get my little ones out soon.

3. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    Must be nice to see the sun [​IMG] We're reaching a high of 60 today....[​IMG] Still have awhile before we can let our chickies out... <sigh>

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

How cute! I want to put my chicks out but it's like high mid 50's with possible lows in the 30's still [​IMG]

5. cookinmom

cookinmom Songster

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    It's 85 here today, and my chicks are out in their yard. They are loving it. I tied the door to their house open and they hop in and out, scratch for a while in the yard, hop on and off of a milk crate, eat a bit, drink a bit, take a nap. What a life!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: